Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Perfect White Gravy

Do you remember a while back I had a call out for a white gravy recipe? Well, my good friend, Tina came to the rescue. She knows how I am about needing detailed instructions. Every time I have had instruction on gravy making it was always,"Add until it looks right"! Well, I don't know what it is suppose to look like!!!!!! Thus I always had difficulty with gravy. Sooooo, when she gave me these exact measurements I knew I could do it. And it was perfect! Thank you Sis. Tina.
First let's start with either frying your sausage and using 2 TBS of the grease or use 2 TBS of leftover bacon grease you have stored in a coffee mug in your cabinet.
Dump in only 2 TBS of All Purpose Flour. Now I think here is where I used to always goof. I couldn't believe you were only suppose to use 2 TBS! (I think I've always used like a whole cup of it...oops)

Stir all that up while your heat is on medium.

It will turn a little brown (that's good).

 Now gradually pour and stir in 1 1/3 cups milk.

Bring that to a boil and stir it constantly. Time it for 2 minutes (see exact instructions....I love it).

Remove it from the heat and add 1/2 tsp salt.

  and 1/4 tsp pepper.

It's all done! You've just made perfect gravy!

Now here I poured it over Saltine Porkchops. And it was just as I had imagined these porkchops would be with homemade gravy. Perfect in every way. Can you imagine pouring this over 7UP biscuits?
As soon as Sis. Tina found the 7UP biscuit recipe on my blog she made them and topped it with her gravy recipe using bits of sausage.
She then emailed me this picture with only the words:
"Your biscuit/My gravy" WONDERFUL!

4 comments:

  1. Thank you!! To Tina for the recipe and you for sharing. I've never been able to get it quite right either--I am excited to try it with exact instructions!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't see a step where you had to strain the gravy to get rid of the lumps. Hmmm, and I am with you about the 2 TBS of flour. That shocks me everytime I attempt to make gravy. I thought surley you used at least a cup with just a couple TBS of milk! I gotta try this out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your gravy looks delcious! ANd Saltine Porkchops??? I'm heading over right now! =o)

    ReplyDelete