Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Zacchaeus Sunday School Craft

I thought I'd share another craft I've done with the pre-schoolers. Here is a fun way to capture their hand and finger prints.
Trace the child's forearm and hand with their thumb stretched out onto cardstock. Then let them color their "tree" brown. Next let them dip their thumb or fingertip into either paint or an inkpad and press it onto the tree limbs (fingers) for leaves. I used an inkpad because the drying time was short and it also captured their fingerprints better. Just be sure to get the kid friendly ink!
As for Zacchaeus...I found him in a sitting position at http://www.daniellesplace.com/html/bible_themes_zacchaeus.html. I cut him out in advance as pre-schooler's scissor skills have not yet been perfected! Let them color him before you glue him onto the tree limb (thumb).
Here is a picture of one that was actually done in class with little assistance versus the one at the top that was done the night before as an example. I think both turned out great! :)

5 comments:

  1. This was another one of my favorites! (A must keep for this Mama!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy teaching sunday school I really do, but I lack in the craft area. I usually focus on letting them act out the stories instead of all that yucky paint and glue!!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your craft idea. Thanks for linking to my web site for the printout of Zacchaeus. Do you mind if I use one of your picture on Danielle's Place next to the printout and link back to your blog for the directions?
    Carolyn Warvel
    www.daniellesplace.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't mind at all! Thanks!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. thank you for this! my sunday school children will love it :)
    Rebecca (Durham City, England)

    ReplyDelete