Wednesday, May 1, 2013

A Little R & R

We are back from the most relaxing vacation a person can have! Yes, this is an actual picture from our vacation. But no, Louis L'Amour was not my reading of choice....hubby's. However, I did read one entire book sitting on the beach. It was almost 400 pages! How relaxing!!!
I mean the kids were busy playing in the sand....hubby was listening to his tunes....so I kicked back to read.....it was that way for 7 DAYS!
Well, one day it did rain, so we did an Imax and Museum....but seriously we just chilled the entire time.
 Beautiful!
Mr. Ivanhoe came to see us almost everyday. It was as though we were sitting on his nest or something and he was waiting for us to leave. This picture cracks me up as it looks like he's 10 stories tall.
 We had lots of bird visitors. They were alot of fun to feed bread. There would be one lonely bird walk by and we'd toss him a piece of bread and all of a sudden.......

he would send out a silent message to ALL of his friends. They would be there almost instantly. I have no idea where they would come from except they were there in 1 second flat! LOL.

And of course there was lots of SEAFOOD! We are seafood fanatics.....especially FRESH seafood! We went to a local Fresh Seafood Market and picked out what we wanted from the display and we could take it back to the condo and fry them up ourselves or let them fry it up for us.....I chose to let them do the cooking! We ordered 1 lb of Fried Trigger Fish and 1 1/2 fried shrimp and 1/2 pound grilled shrimp (didn't get a pic). It was pricey (of course) I think it was around $40 for 3 pounds of fish. Yeah, crazy expensive. But we were stuffed. We got so tired of going to seafood restaurants and leaving hungry that we splurged on this quite a bit! However, it didn't come with any sides or drinks so we made do with potato chips as our side. LOL. I did cook some at the condo, but nothing gourmet by any means. We ate light during the day and went out for dinner in the evening. 90% of the time it was at a seafood place. One night we did go to a nearby Lamberts "Home of the Throw Roll" Cafe. 
We had a great time, but as always it is good to be back home. Hopefully, I will be able to post a little more often. I have some recipes I'd like to post one of these days. We only have 7 more days of school!!!!! The girls are working hard getting all their schoolwork done. They see the end in sight and are getting their second wind I think, because I don't hear so much complaining!!!  :)

2 comments:

  1. Looks fabulous!! Glad you got to relax!

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some reason, everything looks so familiar. Even the beach chair. This was hands down, my favorite vacation. Everything went smoothly once everyone felt better.
    We didn't do any seafood while there. I'm not a big fan. Occasionally, we.will eat at Captain D's and that's it!!
    Glad you had fun! Thanks for sharing the info with us. We loved it!

    ReplyDelete